What is Gigi Hadid’s most spellbinding feature? Though some may say it’s her tousled blonde waves or babyface, the American supermodel and Vogue’s August cover star may own the best abs in the business—which are perennially on display in crop tops and low-slung denim. But, it turns out, the secret to that supernaturally toned core is rather quotidian—something that anyone can achieve.
It’s all about how hard you work and how much you put in—Gigi is a hard worker,” says Rob Piela, owner of New York’s Gotham Gym and Gotham G-Box, who began training Hadid two and a half years ago. A typical session will see the model switch back and forth between cardio-friendly boxing and strenuous floor work to keep her core engaged through a total-body workout, a routine that she returns to week after week without fail. “Staying fit is all about consistency,” he says. “Don’t miss workout days; don’t get lazy in the winter.
For those seeking a Hadid-ian core, Piela suggests careful ab work four days a week—planks to work the deeper muscles, crunches for that visible six-pack, and leg raises to target the lower abdominals. “The combination of those three moves is golden,” he says, adding that eating well and avoiding sugar are equally key. Below, Piela breaks down a Hadid-approved core workout—for Insta-famous abs, in no time.
Gigi Hadid’s Core-Focused Workout
1. Warm up the core with 10 minutes of boxing.
2. Perform three sets of 40 crunches each.
3. Raise your heart rate with 10 minutes of boxing.
4. Perform three sets of 40 bicycle crunches each, kicking each leg out once per bicycle.
5. Box for another 10 minutes.
6. Take a plank pose to hit the transverse abdominals, holding for about 60 seconds, or as long as you can maintain good form (abs tight, no sway in the back, and the neck in a neutral position).
7. Super-set straight into leg raises to hit the lower abdominals, performing four sets of 25 leg raises each.